FALAFEL AND HUMMUS | फलाफिल और हुम्मुस | Episode-1
The craving for a quick snack need not lead you to anything unhealthy. The Green Moong Daal Hummus with Chana Daal Falafel is one of the easiest snacks to make, and is appealing to the eyes and the taste buds. Win-win!
CHANA DAL FALAFEL:
- 2 cups chana dal
- 3 small green chilis or to taste
- 1 cup grated coconut/Desiccated coconut
- ½ coriander leaves
- 5 curry leaves
- 1 inch ginger piece, grated
- 1 teaspoon hing
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 onion, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- Soak the chana dal in warm water for 2 hours. Drain. Blend this dal finely and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients, except for salt, onions and flour and blend coarsely in batches.
- Combine all blended materials together with salt, onions and flour so that it binds.
- Form small balls of the mixture and flatten them on your palm
- Fry until they are golden brown on both the sides.
- Pick them out of the wok and place them on a paper towel to soak up the excess oil.
GREEN MOONG DAL HUMMUS::
- 1/2 cup boiled green moong dal
- 4 cloves garlic
- salt as required
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup boiled chick peas
- 4 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- Firstly, soak the moong dal and chickpeas for some time. Then boil them, until soft and drain the excess water. Add them to a mixer jar.
- Also, add the sesame seeds to a blender. Add 2 tbsp water and grind to form a paste. Add this paste to the Dal mixture.
- Now add garlic cloves, salt, olive oil and coriander leaves to the blender. Blend everything to form a smooth paste. Garnish with pumpkin seeds and serve.
To learn more Lebanese cuisine. Please check out our lebanese class